Bronx Arts Ensemble brings music and related arts to Bronx schools and neighborhoods. We contribute to the cultures of our Bronx communities through live performances and innovative arts education that stimulate creativity, imagination, and aspirations.
BAE Contributes to the arts and culture of the Bronx communities, uplifting them worldwide, through performances and innovative arts aducation, both in-person and online.
Hear more about how BAE is impacting the Bronx Community from Executive Director, Judith Insell.
William J. Scribner founded the Bronx Arts Ensemble in 1972 Since then our artists have embraced dozens of Bronx neighborhoods, performing a broad spectrum of styles for diverse instruments. In 1993 BAE launched our Arts-in-Education programs, helping to fill an educational void in Bronx public schools. These programs have expanded beyond music into movement, theater and art, delivered during and after school in over 40 public schools. BAE continues to develop and integrate our core programs, impacting new audiences and building Bronx family.
- 1972BAE First Concert
- 1973First Orchestral Concert
- 1975First Children’s Concert
- 1978First Public Parks Concert
- 1980Young Artist Award Established. Now William J. Scribner Young Bronx Artist Competition
- 1993First music class taught in NYC public school
- 2001Master Services Agreement established with NYC Department of Education to provide in-school arts classes
- 2003Establishment of partnership with Lehman College Children’s Musical Theater
- 2014NY Community Trust award
- 2017Columbia Teachers College educational framework partnership
The Bronx Arts Ensemble String Quartet performed works by Angélica Negrón as part of March is Music month at the Pregones Puerto Rican Traveling Theater. Works included Marejada for string quartet, written during the pandemic for remote players, and Sembrar, which BAE...
WHERE WE PERFORM
Bronx Arts Ensemble values our cultural partnerships and joins in presenting concerts with notable Bronx institutions.
WHERE WE TEACH
BAE brings live performances and arts education throughout the Bronx.
BAE teaching artists teach 14,000 arts classes in 40 Bronx public schools.
BAE presents more than 50 free and low-cost live concerts and family musical theater performances in neighborhoods from Belmont to Fordham to Westchester Square.
THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS