Art and music bring us together, especially in these challenging times. But art and music also divide us! It hurts to write this about the borough we love, but not every Bronx young person enjoys arts education in their school. Not every Bronxite has the opportunity to hear free or affordable live music in their neighborhood.
For over 46 years, the Bronx Arts Ensemble has helped to make the arts accessible and integral to the lives of all Bronxites. Thanks to our Arts-in-Education program, over 5,000 Bronx school children a year receive arts education that they would not otherwise have. And because we believe that every community should hear great music, we bring our Live Performance series of innovative music to over 35,000 people in venues throughout the Bronx.
Here are some of this years’ highlights:
- BAE has a diverse team of 70 teaching artists that is keenly aware of the ethnic, linguistic and socioeconomic parameters of the student population. 75% of BAE’s teaching artists return to the same school each year, providing educational scaffolding and deeper curriculum connections.
- We are in the second year of a strategic partnership with Columbia University Teachers College to roll out a tailored arts education curriculum to all of our faculty.
- BAE teaching artists will teach 14,000 art classes in 40 Bronx public schools.
- Our Music Through a Global Lens concert series continues to embody our efforts to promote and highlight global cultures and communities, this year with a special focus on the music of Mexico
- BAE will present more than 50 free and low-cost live concerts and family musical theater performances in neighborhoods from Belmont to Fordham to Westchester Square. Check out bronxartsensemble.org/events for event details.
Donate today to have an impact on young people and their families that will last a lifetime.
For our 46th year, we are committing our organization on a pathway to Empower Excellence. Exposure to the arts sparks imagination and creativity in our children, our future leaders. Our programs ignite the inner excellence of every child we teach.
BAE Executive Director David Nussenbaum has brought together a brilliant staff committed to our mission. BAE has a devoted, energetic, and growing Board of Directors.
Our most important partner is YOU. Your support brings art and music to Bronx schools and communities. Everything we do is possible because of you.
Bronx Arts Ensemble is a registered 501(c) 3 non-profit organization, #51-0186869.
All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
To make a one-time or recurring gift, please click here.
You may also make a donation by check:
Bronx Arts Ensemble
80 Van Cortlandt Park South, 7D-2
Bronx, NY 10463
Attention: Ellen Pollan, Development Director