INTERESTED IN TEACHING WITH BAE?
The Bronx Arts Ensemble is a multidisciplinary arts organization serving its diverse communities and developing audiences through arts education and musical performances. Our professional teaching artists offer students a dynamic, first-hand experience in the full spectrum of all four disciplines. BAE is seeking qualified Teaching Artists that display artistic ability, knowledge of the history and aesthetics of their art form, and the capacity to engage students in the artistic process. The preferred applicant would have knowledge of the NYC DOE Learning Standards and Arts Blueprints.
- Implement management in a public school classroom environment
- Create and implement curriculum/lesson plans
- Create benchmarks to align with curriculum
- Prepare classrooms and materials for lessons
- Prepare students to present a final project at the completion of a school residency
- Take attendance
Want to join our team?
Send resume to Bronx Arts Ensemble
Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Fingerprinted by the NYC DOE (required for teaching in BAE classrooms)
- Knowledge of, and or experience teaching in a classroom setting
- Willingness to take direction from the BAE Education Team
- Be punctual and committed to working assigned days/hours
- A good work ethic, enjoys working with children, and has a willingness to work in a Public School environment
- Committed to working with the underserved student population
- Willing to travel throughout NYC (primarily the Bronx) to teach classes
- Has a level of proficiency in their art form, allowing them to demonstrate (model) the art form for students
BRONX ARTS ENSEMBLE celebrated the opening of David Geffen Hall on Saturday, October 29 with selections from our 51st season!
Bronx Arts Ensemble and...
The Bronx Arts Ensemble...