VISUAL ARTS courses emphasize the benchmarks of:
- Observation: Students hone observation skills and discuss works of art
- Vocabulary: development of visual arts vocabulary to describe art making
- Creation: the tools and techniques used to produce art, and the elements and principles of design; read and write about art to reinforce literacy skills
- Analysis: interpret artwork by providing evidence to support assertions
- Reflection: on the process of making art.
Drawing, painting, working with clay, papier maché, bookmaking, collage, media arts, photography